Home › Disciplines › Industrial Chemical
Since January 2010 a second edition of the handbook Industrial Chemical Cleaning is available (only Dutch version). This completely revised handbook describes the regulations for safe working in the event of industrial chemical cleaning. The regulations of this 2nd edition took effect as of 1 July 2010. Meanwhile a revision has been made for this edition. This is downloadable under the menu 'downloads'. The last revision (no. 1) is from May 2011.
The regulations were drawn up by a group of specialists from the entire industrial cleaning trade. All the parties in the Benelux that are involved in this method of industrial cleaning were represented, namely clients, industrial cleaning companies, manufacturers/suppliers of equipment, training institutes and temporary employment agencies.
The handbook covers all aspects that play a role when it comes to safe industrial chemical cleaning:
- The responsibilities of the parties involved, the client and the contractor, and those of the operating and supervisory staff.
- The demands made on the crew that carries out the cleaning work and the applicable certificates that they must have in order to be able to carry out this work safely. The same applies to the employees who have to monitor the safe execution of this work.
- The demands made of the different sorts of equipment, plus a description of the demands applicable to inspecting and testing.
- The safe working methods that apply to all parties and people. An industrial chemical cleaning intake form is available and a checklist for the suitability of materials for the intended cleaning activity. Both are excellent resources to ensure that everything takes place as safely as possible during the preparation, execution and termination of the work.
- Attention is also paid to how to act in emergencies: first aid, spillages and fire.
- The points of particular safety interest are highlighted, as well as special precautionary measures for working with hydrogen fluoride (HF) and fluoride solutions
- A practical table indicates the resources that have to be used in the various industrial chemical cleaning phases in relation to the use of personal protective equipment.
- A description is included of the requirements for cleaning installation components, such as pumps, hoses, couplings and gaskets.